The seven, who have a wide range of drama experience, include playwrights, education and administration specialists. Briefly, the newly appointed Board Members are:
· Gareth Miles from Pontypridd, playwright;
· Carys Tudor Williams from Wrexham, specialist in drama education and Chair of the Drama Committee of the National Eisteddfod;
· Peter Davies from Cardiff, Head of Drama at Rhydfelin;
· Linda Brown from Bethesda, administrator of Cwmni Theatr Bara Caws;
· Garry Nicholas from Llanelli, deputy head of Ysgol Gyfun y Strade;
· Gwyneth Glyn Evans from Pwllheli, playwright;
· and Wynford Ellis Owen from Cardiff, actor and writer.
ACW are still looking to appoint up to a further five Board Members, and would be particularly pleased to hear from interested individuals who can demonstrate expertise in the areas of legal skills, business, and marketing.
Sandra Wynne, Senior Arts Development Officer (Drama) said, "The standard of applications was very high, and we are delighted to have been able to appoint these experienced individuals. We are still looking for additional Board Members, and would like to supplement the team with the addition of a small number of key people. We will be advertising for additional Members in the New Year, and would be especially interested in applications from those with experience in the legal, business and marketing fields."
| Arts Council of Wales
web site: www.artswales.org.uk/pressoffice/newsdetail.asp?Newsid=54
|Monday, December 23, 2002|